I have some pretty good kid quotes as I sit here grading some papers.
This past week, we learned about Martin Luther King Jr. and spent some time learning about Obama as well. We read a poem about Martin Luther King and then they answered some comprehension questions.
3. Explain why it is important that all people are treated equally?
– I think people should be treated equally because we have the same dreemes, hope and food.
– So that everyday people should have fun and not be mean to each other
– So that everybody will be more cheerfuul
4. If you could change the world, what improvements would you make?
– so the day would be logro (longer)
– I think I shod stop the wars and the cotres (countries) shold git along.
– I will be nice to every boody. And I will be recponsuble and mack good choecic (choices)
– I would change the world be a presedent
– I would say not to give out pills that make people go crazy
– I would change it so that people could hold hands with others all times.
– There should be slower speed limits because everybody keeps bumping into each other
Me: What does justice mean?
Student: Um, it was this man who came and died and loved God and then went to live somewhere else
Student 2: Are you talkin’ about JESUS?
Student 3: Justice is a store!