I need to do this right now. To reflect on the many, many, many reasons I have to be thankful right now. I don’t want to. But I know that I have to.
1. My Education. It’s challenging sometimes, but I know I am beyond blessed to have this education, and to finish it with as little debt as possible. I am thankful for my education and I am excited to see how God uses it in the future.
2. My student teaching placement. It’s a long drive. It’s a lot of hours every week. But it’s my favorite grade, with a great cooperating teacher and I couldn’t ask for a better experience. And no matter what, it is the placement that can make or break an experience.
3. Saturdays. I am so thankful for a day to sleep in, to sip chai from a mug and catch up homework.
4. My husband. We are celebrating his 22 birthday next week! And don’t tell anyone, but right now he is working on my edTPA videos while I work on the rest of it. I am so thankful for him. Earlier today he said, “I am stressed about it, but I’m not going to let it get to me so that I can be strong for you!” What a sweetie…with a servant’s heart.
5. Spring is in the air. Although I feel like I haven’t been outside in weeks, I have actually began to smell spring in the air! And I can’t wait for it to arrive in full force!
6. Break is right around the corner! I am beyond exhuasted, but I have break to look forward to! And I don’t have to look that far forward.
7. Graduation is right around the next corner! Yes, it sure it! It is on May 4th and you are all invited if you want to come! =)
8. Challenging times that challenge my attitude. Last week, when I discovered that my video had gotten deleted (yes, it did…but we found it again…two days later!), I said there is no way that God was using something like this for good. The moment I said it, I realized that the good He is trying to use it for is to change my attitude and give me an attitude of thankfulness no matter the circumstances. Yesterday, when I found out the new due date of my project. Today, when I feel like I have been working for 6 hours straight (because I have) and still have a lot more to do.
9. Devotions. The freedom to drink in the living water and eat the bread of life. The fact that I get the change to be refreshed by the creator of the universe is a blessing I frequently take for granted.
10. Moose. Why not? We all know he is part human/part baby/part dog/part fluffy cat. He is a great cuddler, a great listener and a great Kleenex. Although he does get a little bit scared when I yell about the edTPA (he hates it as much as I do!)
11. Sleeping in. Yes, it is ALWAYS wonderful.
12. 9/12 parts of my edTPA are currently finished. Hopefully the last 3 will only take about an hour each. When this is all said and done, I will have put in over 50 hours on this darn project.
13. Being free of the edTPA a week early. I don’t have to think about it every again after Wednesday
14. I get to see my parents in a month. It seems like it has been years since I have seen them, even though it really has only been 9 months. One month to go…I think I can make it. And as the day approaches, I will be getting more and more excited.
15. Moving. Yes, Theo and I will be moving! We are unsure yet when, but we know where. We are simply moving down the road and over the bridge and around the curves to Fairborn, OH (about 30 minutes from here). We are excited for the new opportunities that await us.
16. The possibility of a job. I called, and they said they had been talking about me…in a good way. Still waiting for the call back.
17. Friends. In times like these, I can’t forget the friends that God has given me. I can’t wait to have my life back in order to spend more time with those friends, but I am so glad that our friendships have lasted even through the hectic schedules!
18. Game night last night. Theo and I headed to my aunt and uncles house to eat dinner, hang out with my cousin and her kids and play some games. It was a lot of fun.
There. That made me feel a lot better.