As I mentioned in my last post, I am taking the 30-post challenge, a challenge that gives 30 prompts, detailing certain things about myself that my one-day children might love to read. Check out the original post here, and don’t forget to link up there if you want to do it, too!
1. I am a missionary kid, otherwise known as an MK, or a messed-up kid, or a misfit kid, or a megaawesome kid. Pick whichever one you want and I’ll adapt to it. It goes with the description of MK. Also known as a TCK, we are the human equivalent of a chameleon, adjusting to whatever life throws at us.
2. I love summer time, and everything to do with being outside.
3. I have volunteered at an orphanage as well as worked at a summer camp for 3 summers. Those were the best experiences of life so far.
4. My favorite place in the world is Tera, Niger. I think about it every single day. One day, I would love to go back.
5. I went to a boarding school for 6 years…and I loved it.
6. I drink Mystic Chai Tea like there is no tomorrow. It is my addiction. And as most addictions go, it’s a pricey one.
7. Theo is the love of my life, and we have almost been married one year. Can you believe it??? It does not seem like a year. We still have a lifetime to go!
8. Teaching is my gift and my passion. I am certified as a preK-3rd grade teacher.
9. In 5 years, I see myself living overseas, teaching at a school.
10. I can’t wait to be a Mom. But I am waiting (at least for a little while), because I know that once the first baby arrives, there is no going back
11. My biggest struggle is living in the moment, being content with where I am at.
12. Running is the best hobby I have ever picked up.
13. I love the beach, but am terrified of the ocean.
14. Cooking is my stress-relief…but if I am too stressed, I often trick myself into thinking that I don’t want to cook…and therefore stay stressed.
15. I am trilingual…although for the past four years I have really only used one of those languages, and am therefore a little bit rusty in the other two!
16. I never buy anything “expensive”. Plato’s closet and Goodwill supply my closet, Craiglist and dumpsters supply all the furniture in our house, and of course, Aldi is the place for groceries!
17. I graduated from college with high honors (and a heck of a lot of hard work and support from many loved ones)
18. I have now been a bridesmaid twice (the third time is coming up), and I absolutely love the “job”. There is nothing like standing next to someone on the most important day of their life, and getting to be “behind the scenes” on all those cherished moments/memories.
19. Theo and I are going to adopt at least one child…hopefully more than that.
20. I love to write. I started a journal when I was in 9th grade, and I have written at least three times a week in a journal since then. It is so fun to look back and see where I was, or wonder why I wrote that, or remember that I felt that way at one point in time. It is even cooler to see how good God is, how much he has brought me through, how he was faithful to answer a prayer, or do a work in me that carries me towards completion.
Check in soon for installment #2: 3 of my biggest fears, and why!