I have two disclaimers:
1. I am not the biggest fan of the materialism that comes with the holidays, but I thought this would be a fun link-up over the next three weeks. It will give me something to blog about, at least! =)
2. The following is a list of my favorite things currently that I would love to have. A girl can dream, right? It’s not anything that I expect to get, or that I think people should be spending huge amounts of money on for me.
Now that we have that over with…here we go! A few of my favorite things this season!
1. Fair Trade Shops, like Ten Thousand Villages, or Servv, or anything on this Fair Trade Database. I absolutely love the products that these shops sell, and I even more love the idea that NO ONE is being exploited to produce products for me. I love the jewelry, clothes, and home products especially!
“Reject anything that breeds the oppression of others.”
(The only thing I don’t like is the price tag!)
Isn’t this beutiful?
necklace from Ten Thousand Villages
This scarf from Servv.
2. A dehydrator, like this one. I want to make my own chips and yogurts and stuff, and this would be the perfect helper for that. Plus, when backpacking weather comes back around, a dehydrator helps in the snack area- keeping it fresh and light to place in that pack!
3. A new apron. I love, love, love aprons! I use them all the time when I cook, and it helps me get in the groove! I have found it really hard to find cute aprons, though! Target has a few, but Etsy is just exploding with so many cute patterns! Maybe I just need to make myself another one!
4. A canvas print. I love the look of canvas, especially in a home. I would love to add one to my own home! Not sure what picture I would use, or where I would put it, but that is something I have always wanted!
5. A planner for 2014. This is a must have for me. I write birthdays, my meal plan, my appointments and meetings, certain blog posts to write…everything to keep me organized in one of these! Check out these ones from Target, and this one from Etsy. The possibilities are endless, and it makes me so excited to dive into 2014!
6. Cute cards! I am a sucker for getting and sending cards, and I love to get my hands on some adorable prints.
7. These pajama pants are adorable, and look so comfy. We seem to have misplaced the one pair of pajama pants that I owned. For now, Theo’s extra pairs work for me, but they are just a tad bit long!
8. Chai. And last but not least, can someone please get me a lifetime’s supply of Mystic Chai from Sam’s Club? I swear I could live on this stuff!
What about you? What are a few of your favorite things this upcoming holiday season?
Link up here: