Insert funny story here: When my brother and I were younger, our parents kind of went along with the whole Santa thing. They never told us about Santa or had us write letters to him, but we kind of picked it up from our friends and they never outright told us it wasn’t true. Until one Christmas, when we found out. I don’t remember the context, but my parents were saying something about how Santa came down the chimney. My brother, being two years older than me, laughed and said, “We don’t have a chimney!”. Well, that was the end of that. Then, it was either the same Christmas or one a few years down the road when I was tossing and turning from the excitement that was to come for Christmas morning. I snuck out of my bedroom and into the hallway, where I peeked on my parents stuffing the stockings. If I ever doubted in Santa, it was confirmed. Hahahahaha.
Anyways, back to My Favorite Things: Stocking Stuffers!
I love me some stockings on Christmas morning!
1. Gift Cards- pretty self-explanatory. I’d take anything. Restaurants, Target, Jewelry stores, Starbucks
2. Socks and/or undies (last year, Theo stuffed my stockings with unmentionables. How sweet! I wouldn’t mind the same thing this year!) Or some comfy socks!
But, please- no toe socks!
Yes, yes please!
4. Car phone charger
I’m loving the color on this one!
5. Scarves, mittens, hats
I’ve recently been eyeing scarves, and learning how to wear them better. I am especially interested in infinity scarves- so easy to wear, and so cute looking! I’d also love to find some cute mittens in my stocking. I unpacked all our winter stuff, and I found about 8 single mittens. That’s all fine and dandy if I want to mix and match, but I really don’t. Haha.
And for him:
1. Ammo- Yes, ammo. This stuff runs pretty expensive, so it’s nice to give as a gift. And, yes, we are a gun-owning family. No judging here, right?
2. Flashlight- pretty self-explanatory. Except no random flashlight will do the trick. It has to be high-powered, shine very brightly and possibly have some fancy settings.
3.Gift Cards- especially to places like Sporting Goods stores, Outdoorsy stores (Gander Mt., Cabela’s) or a book store.
4. Boxers/Socks. Again, self-explanatory. =)
5. Anything survivalist (paracord, emergency kit, special batteries, accessories for tents/sleeping bags/shoes, flint, lighters, special matches, long-burning candles). All of these little tools for camping/hiking/backpacking/survivalist mode are perfect to fit inside a stocking!
And there you have it! A few of our favorite things for our stockings! What about you?
All images in this post are taken directly from Google Images. I didn’t go to each company that represents the products. If you google each of the items, you will find the image that can take you directly to the company =)